Last updated: November 30, 2023
1. Contact Us
Name of the controller: Stepan Khzrtian, CEO
Address: 8605 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 11005, West Hollywood, CA 90069, United States
3. Data We Collect About You
We may collect, use, store, and transfer different categories of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
|Examples (including, without limitation)
|first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth, and gender,
|billing address, mailing address, email address, and telephone number,
|details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us,
|internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website,
|your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses,
|information about how you use Corpora and its products, your search queries, questions you ask to the chatbot and the responses you receive,
|Marketing and Communications Data
your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences, records and copies of your correspondence with us.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences. We hereby disclaim any liability for any such sensitive information that is input into Corpora by the user.
4. Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of Corpora:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically when you use Corpora; and
- Data we collect from our partners.
5. Information You Provide Us
We understand that one of the primary benefits of using Corpora is the functionality, features, and convenience our users receive for handling their legal tasks through Corpora. We acknowledge that this entails sharing proprietary, sensitive, or non-public information and documents with us that may also include information on your own personnel, investors, vendors, customers, and other parties. In this regards, the information you share with us will be processed, used, and deleted in accordance with this policy.
We acknowledge and appreciate your trust toward our processes and security procedures. We would like to assure you that the information you share with us will be kept in confidence in accordance with this policy, with a reasonable degree of care, for as long as you are a User of Corpora and for three years thereafter. We will share your information only with members of our team and third-parties that have a need to know such information to enable us to provide our services to you and that, in turn, are bound by similar confidentiality obligations. More information on our security procedures are available at corpora.us/security.
Additionally, we understand that when we demonstrate Corpora to you for your consideration, you may be sharing certain information with us for purposes of setting up the demo. After the files you have shared have been uploaded to Corpora, you will be granted access to the demo account and your files therein for testing. In case you decide not to proceed with using and accessing Corpora, all information provided by you to us will be erased in accordance with this policy.
6. Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you register with, access, and use Corpora, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use Corpora, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of Corpora, including traffic data, usage data, usage flows, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through Corpora;
- Device Information. We may collect information about your internet connection and Device through which you access Corpora, including the Device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, device (including operating system) language; and
- Location Information. Corpora may collect real-time information about the location of your Device. You can disable this function in the settings of your Device, but some parts of Corpora may then not function properly.
We use the following types of Cookies:
- Essential Cookies. Essential Cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of Corpora. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
- Functional Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding Corpora, maintain your preferences over time and recognize you when you return to Corpora. These Cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies through your internet browser’s settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new Cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all Cookies that are already on your computer. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and certain parts of Corpora may not work. To explore what Cookie settings are available to you, look in the “preferences” or “options” section of your browser’s menu. To find out more information about Cookies, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
7. Data We Collect From Our Partners
We also collect the following data from our partners: (i) demographic data (such as to determine the coarse location of your IP address); (ii) data to fight fraud (such as refund abuse or click fraud); (iii) data from platforms that Corpora runs on (such as to verify payment); and (iv) data for analytics purposes, so we can provide you with a better experience.
8. Third-Party Information Collection
When you use or access Corpora, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your Device, or you may otherwise be accessing and using third-party platforms, software, and applications. These third parties may include, without limitation: media platforms and services; analytics companies; your Device manufacturer; your vendor.
9. Why Do We Collect Your Data
9.1 To make Corpora work.
To perform the contract, we process data necessary primarily to: (a) create User Accounts and allow you to use Corpora, access its contents, features, functionality, and services, and to access or use our Site; (b) operate our services; (c) verify and confirm payments; (d) at our discretion, provide and deliver products, services, and any other information you reasonably request; (e) send you Corpora-related communications, such as when updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through Corpora; (f) fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information; (g) give you notices about your User Account; and (h) carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
9.2To make Corpora more suitable for our users.
To provide a great application and Site to our users, we have a legitimate interest to collect and process necessary data primarily to: (a) update and develop user profiles; (b) develop and improve Corpora and the user experience; (c) manage our relationship with you; (d) provide features as part of Corpora; (e) customize the Corpora experience according to your interests, such as through storing information about your preferences and recognizing you when you use or access Corpora; (f) respond to your comments and questions and provide user support; (g) provide you offers in Corpora as well as in other websites and services, and by email; (h) send you related information, such as updates, security alerts, and support messages; (i) enable you to communicate with other users; and (j) speed up your searches.
9.3 To keep Corpora safe and fair.
In order to keep Corpora and its online social features safe and fair, to fight fraud and ensure acceptable use otherwise, we have a legitimate interest to process necessary data primarily to: (a) analyze and monitor use of Corpora and its social features; (b) moderate chats either automatically or manually where applicable; and (c) take action against fraudulent or misbehaving users.
9.4 To analyze, profile, and segment.
In all of the above cases and purposes, we may analyze, profile, and segment all collected data, including for the purpose of estimating our audience size and usage patterns.
9.5With your consent.
With your consent, which is implied herein, we may process your data for additional purposes, such as personalized tips to improve your experience.
9.6 For other legitimate business purposes.
For any other business purpose stated when collecting your personal data or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws.
10. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To a buyer, acquirer, investor, or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, acquisition, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Corpora, Inc.’s assets or stock, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Corpora, Inc. about Users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, including in order to combat fraud and illegal activity;
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Corpora, Inc., our Guests, Users, Customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
11. Data Security
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through Corpora. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
12. International Data Transfers
13. Your Rights And Options
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
- Right of access: You can ask us if we are processing your personal information and to provide you with a copy of it (along with certain details). If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification: If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to request to have it rectified.
- Right to erasure: You can ask us to delete or remove your personal information in some circumstances such as where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (where applicable).
- Right to restrict processing: You can ask us to “block” or suppress the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal information.
- Right to data portability: You have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information you have provided us with (in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
- Right to object: You can ask us to stop processing your personal information, and we will do so, if we are:
- relying on our own or someone else’s legitimate interests to process your personal information, unless we can demonstrate compelling legal grounds for the processing; or
- processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
We retain your data for as long as your User Account is active or you are otherwise accessing and using Corpora or as needed to provide you Corpora. We will, for example, periodically de-identify unused User Accounts, and we regularly review and de-identify unnecessary data. Note that if you ask us to remove your personal data, or when you delete data yourself, we follow a deletion process to make sure that your data is safely and completely removed from our servers or retained only in anonymized form. We try to ensure that our services protect information from accidental or malicious deletion. Because of this, there may be delays between when you delete something and when copies are deleted from our active and backup systems. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will retain your data as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
16. Personal Data of Children